Listen to these recordings using headphones. They were recorded in a way that preserves 3D directionality of sound, also known as "binaural" stereo.
Recorded using a Soundman OKM II microphone with a Tascam DR-05 PCM recorder.
- 20160220-harekrishna-48k.mp3 (4.6 MB)
- A Hare Krishna group chanting in Asematunneli.
- 20160221-metrossa.mp3 (15 MB)
- Traveling on Helsinki Metro, from Hakaniemi to Ruoholahti, the then terminal station. Sounds of pneumatic brakes, VFD motors, ticket inspectors.
- 2016-02-fonisti.mp3 (2.3 MB)
- A street musician playing his saxophone in front of Helsinki central railway station.
- 20160708-hornet.mp3 (2.8 MB)
- Fighter jet flyover in Helsinki. (Warning: Very loud vs. very quiet)