Oona Räisänen (windytan)
hacker of signals | programmer
Listed below are some open-source programming projects I've written on my spare time. They were generally written with *nix operating systems in mind.
- Redsea is an RDS decoder for use with RTL-SDR tools. It can even decode RDS-TMC. Written in C++14, using the liquid-dsp library.
- deinvert decodes the voice inversion scrambling used as a sort of privacy filter in some radios. Written in C++11.
- Save data on old-skool compact cassettes. Requires SoX. Written in Ruby.
- Measure beats per minute just by hitting enter in the terminal. Written in Perl 5.
- Match all input text lines conforming to the Kalevala trochaic tetrameter. Written in Perl 5.
- Generates random chains (lines of text) based on sample text data given as input. Written in Perl 5.
Sound file calendar
Sound file calendar
Listen to these recordings using headphones. They were recorded in a way that preserves 3D directionality of sound, also known as "binaural" stereo.
Recorded using a Soundman OKM II microphone with a Tascam DR-05 PCM recorder.
- 20160220-harekrishna-48k.mp3 (02:28, 4.6 MB)
- A Hare Krishna group chanting in Asematunneli.
- 20160221-metrossa.mp3 (08:02, 15 MB)
- Traveling on Helsinki Metro, from Hakaniemi to Ruoholahti, the then terminal station. Sounds of pneumatic brakes, VFD motors, ticket inspectors.
- 2016-02-fonisti.mp3 (01:25, 2.3 MB)
- A street musician playing his saxophone in front of Helsinki central railway station.
- 20160708-hornet.mp3 (01:30, 2.8 MB)
- Fighter jet flyover in Helsinki. (Warning: Very loud vs. very quiet)
Sometimes I write electronic music, as Tyna Wind. I'm especially fond of dreamy ambient soundscapes and mystical melodies. There's a playlist on YouTube.
- Face blindness
- I'm not very good at recognizing people by their faces. En yleensä tunnista ihmisiä kasvoista. en, fi
- Oona's puzzle corner
- Take a moment for yourself to relax with these mind-bogglers! en
- expériences robotiques
- Oppimispäiväkirja robottiohjelmoinnin harjoitustyökurssille. fi
- Uuden maailman apinoita
- Esittelyssä joitakin eteläamerikkalaisia apinoita ja tietoa niiden suojelutilanteesta. fi
- Monet tutut kasvikset sisältävät runsaasti E-koodeja. Tämä on huumoria. fi
- M/S Estonia emergency traffic
- Transcript of VHF channel 16 on the night of the M/S Estonia disaster. en
- SP-5500: Minor quirks
- The SP-5500 is a great instrument but it comes with a few little quirks. en